porkmeatballs

How to get rid of opaque sides?

2 hours ago, Slammingjack said:

I have got some silicone molds from lurecraft that were new and had the sides like that. They replaced them. Said were made a long time ago. I used worm oil , it did help somewhat.

Ditto on the worm oil, but it needs to be done again after a few pours. 

13 hours ago, mark poulson said:

Is scent just worm oil with "flavor" added?

I think in most cases......yes.  Seems that all of Lure Craft and MF scents are worm oil with scent added.

Scents like Pro Cure and Upper Hand are their own mixtures.  Anyone in the "know," please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, McLuvin175 said:

Its not a good idea to be using straight worm oil as a mold release. It can actually make the baits sticky on the surface or stick to a mold more so than normal. Softener would probably work better than worm oil if those are your two options.

I was assuming the mold was okay and he just wanted to get rid of the dull look.........which is a common problem with silicone molds.  I never had any problems using worm oil in those molds.  Just a thin layer will work and needs to be repeated after every half dozen pours or so.

• Like 1