porkmeatballs

How to get rid of opaque sides?

If it isn't like glass inside then u will likely never get clear sides. 

I am guessing the bottom got shiny and clear when u used Pam cause that is where the oil settled the most. Been down this road with large POP molds.  U need a new master if this matters to you I am guessing. 

3 hours ago, Landry said:

I've had it for a few years so not sure it's still available here in Canada or not. 

Years ago, before I used PAM for a mold release, I used to spray the garlic on my air popped popcorn!

I thought maybe I could take some garlic flavored olive oil, and spray it through one of the spray bottles like I use for cleaning water, but I'm afraid it would just clog up.  I may wind up brushing it on.

On 4/17/2017 at 11:39 AM, alsworms said:

I was assuming the mold was okay and he just wanted to get rid of the dull look.........which is a common problem with silicone molds.  I never had any problems using worm oil in those molds.  Just a thin layer will work and needs to be repeated after every half dozen pours or so.

I imagine the silicone negates the sticky effect since nothing really sticks to it. I tried substituting "Worm Oil" for mold release when I ran out one time and it made de-molding worse from aluminum molds; and these were decently polished production molds.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, McLuvin175 said:

I imagine the silicone negates the sticky effect since nothing really sticks to it. I tried substituting "Worm Oil" for mold release when I ran out one time and it made de-molding worse from aluminum molds; and these were decently polished production molds.

You actually used mold release on a polished production mold? Did you need to for some reason? I have yet to use any release agent on aluminum.