Apdriver

Kalins Avocado

Need to make up some of this color. To me, it looks like a watermelon with medium black flake. Possibly darkened with a little black or green pumpkin. Any help appreciated!!!

IMG_1611.JPG

4 hours ago, Roger Linnell said:

I came up with the recipe for a very picky customer,  aaaaaand I lost it.

LOL. I shot a bunch a couple days ago but my recipe isn't quite right yet. When I'm satisfied with it, I'll pass it along.

Could a person not use  a skewer or tooth pick head  of green  pumpkin  or amber mixed in with a small amount of green to make this?

Edited by Les Young

I did just that with some spike it brown oxide. Thought I had it right but need to adjust it a little darker. Plan on dialing it in tomorrow. IMG_2178.thumb.JPG.4acb63a72e54e85aebb1ab62fcc769a9.JPG

• Like 1

I think it's 3.5, Mark. It's a great smallmouth size and also a great arig bait for Largemouth. Good trailer too. I'll measure it tomorrow.

10 minutes ago, Apdriver said:

I think it's 3.5, Mark. It's a great smallmouth size and also a great arig bait for Largemouth. Good trailer too. I'll measure it tomorrow.

Thanks.

I think I have the Avocado color where I want it now. Shot up a pretty big batch of it and for my use, I added a touch of small .008 Kelly Green as I really like the enhancement. Recipe wise, here's what I came up with.

1 cup plastic

8 drops Baitjunkys Watermelon 500

8 drops Lureworks Brown Oxide

1/8 Teaspoon .040 Black Hex glitter

1 drop UV

Mark, that bait is 3.5 inches and stretches out to 4.5 inches. Just the right size, IMO.

The lighter bait was a little light and the darker bait is what I went with. Close enough for government work!IMG_2186.thumb.JPG.e2c338969104794da0707dbdb7e67119.JPG

• Like 2