Jig Man

Midwest Finesse jig mold second concern

I took strands of 22 ga galvanized wire.   Spinner bait wire or stainless will work better depending on what size wire you are going to use for weed guard. I am using 45# vinyl coated.  One cavity at a time and taped the wire where I wanted the crease.  Then I tightened the mold down as hard as I could in my shop vice.  I used a new wire for each cavity as the wire would get flat sides after the clamping.

If a bigger space is what I need, I'll go back with 20 ga wire or take a triangular file from my file set and give it a few light strokes.

I find the wire keepers to be a waste of time as the elaztec products won't go on them so I'm thinking about taping them off or filling them up with J B Weld.

Edited by Jig Man

Anytime I use a lighter gauge wire hook and get flash in the eye, I take plumbers putty and put it into the mold cavity... It don't take much. Press it in tight. It will block the lead from going into the cavity. The hook eye presses into the putty for perfect pours. :yay:

Your welcome.:P

• Like 2