Scottzkee

Do it Plastics - Which one is most close to a senko?

Are u getting your plastisol up to 350F get u a digital thermometer  if u don't have one. I have used the regular it is firm and makes a good bait if u put powder salt this will also firm it up and also weight it. But clean all your stuff after your done. Cub48

3 hours ago, Scottzkee said:

Do you know how long to heat say 4 oz in a microwave typically?

I am just trying to get a basic idea.

every microwave is different, hence the push to use a thermometer, it will help you make sure it's been properly heated

The reason I have been a fan of the M-F soft Sinking is a combination of things.  Because its a sinking plastic instead of a buoyant plastic I use less salt to get the weight I want.  Other additives would perform similarly with it I am sure.  Then because its a soft instead of a super soft or a soft with softner add to make it super soft its stronger.  Last because the there is less salt its strength is not reduced as much, and there is less salt to make it stiff.    Is it the best plastic for a stick worm?  I have no clue.  I can't tell you what you will like.  I can only tell you what I like.  

Edited by CNC Molds N Stuff
  • Like 2