C0MRAD

Selling Baits

11 minutes ago, SRJ said:

On another board there is a person that has you make a check out to the Reverend so and so.

Just guessing it's treated as a donation to a religious enterprise therefore not subject to taxes.

Guarantee it is not legal that way, But hey, people come up with all sorts of ways to evade the tax man everyday..

• Like 2

Bait Junkies is correct in every aspect . I've made people mad over this very subject when I advised them not to even try selling baits from a boot strap business . Depending on your state you can be out as much as 39% of your money . Then if your not careful the EPA steps in and starts there crap . Been threw all of it . Don't even want to think about it . Gives me the creeps still. We have all become victims of legalized extortion from insurance to taxes. 

11 hours ago, toadfrog said:

Yes my friend and though I am considered to old our children and grand children my have to have another tea part against taxation before they can have viable businesses. 

Yeah, no one likes paying taxes, but we all like our public services, like police and fire protection.

This is and has been an interesting topic for some time. As Mark stated, your either a business or not. Play it anyway you want to do. I'll add it into the price when I start one, notice that I did state "if I start one".  There is just to many chances. Oh yeah don't forget insurance....I'm just sayin. Lawyers can help in many ways as long as you pay them on time. ;)

As far a pressure water contest, you need to know what's up before you do anything like this. Like Jim Croce song, you do it into the wind.

Dale

• Like 1