ayetti

photo wrapping short round crankbaits

9 minutes ago, Anglinarcher said:

Yes, and it is not easy to get it right.  Usually if I make my own water slide decals I use only enough acrylic clear to protect the ink and then I can stretch the decal to get it right.  Go slow and use very warm water, and good luck.

I was gonna try the lazertran silk paper over foil method, I might want to find some flatter sided baits to start with. 

1 hour ago, MonteSS said:

Traps is how I learned.

16508950_10209639372833928_3888182861531900468_n.jpg

Looks nice! looks like a good place to start 

Do you guys recommend the lazartran over foil? Do most people do tissue paper?

What kind of clear are you guys using? I was gonna try and grab some devcon from lowes and also order a pint of Kbs diamond, figured one of the two should work?

Edited by ayetti

3 minutes ago, stretcher66 said:

San Luis huh?  whats up neighbor.....  you fish Lopez and Margarita often?   

Devcon or BSI  (Bob Smith) is made here in atascadero.  both work great if you have a turner 

Yep! those are the lakes I fish the most. Thats interesting about the BSI, I hadn't heard of it yet.  Is there a place you can get it from in north county?

Cedar run sells the Bob Smith I believe. That or the Devcon 2ton are great. Make sure you mix well and the correct amounts of each.

I use decal paper. Images are much brighter and bold. 

Not sure if tissue takes compound curves better on rounder baits.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MonteSS said:

Cedar run sells the Bob Smith I believe. That or the Devcon 2ton are great. Make sure you mix well and the correct amounts of each.

I use decal paper. Images are much brighter and bold. 

Not sure if tissue takes compound curves better on rounder baits.

Something like this stuff? https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Vinyl-Decal-Paper-Inkjet/dp/B004JZYXXW

i believe you can get the BSI at hobby headquarters here in atascadero.  i am pretty sure i saw it in there.  or you could probably just stop in at  BSI  ,  they are located on morro road  right behind the shell gas station at morro and curbaril.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stretcher66 said:

i believe you can get the BSI at hobby headquarters here in atascadero.  i am pretty sure i saw it in there.  or you could probably just stop in at  BSI  ,  they are located on morro road  right behind the shell gas station at morro and curbaril.  

Thank you for the tip! I forgot about hobby headquarters! Do they sell airbrush paint?

they do but its the laquer based paint for shooting onto the lexan r/c car bodies.  or thats all they had last time i was in there.  its been over a year since i was there and they had just started carrying iwata  airbrushes and some parts for them.   they may carry some other paints now.  i use some of the golden brand from michaels if i run out of createx or the other paints i use.   golden is good paint but kinda pricey at michaels unless you use one of their 1/2 off coupons.  and they also carry some waterbase airbrush paints back by the airbrush section.   at least the one in paso does.   there are a couple hobby places in slo that carry good airbrush paint as well.  i will get the names of the places for you.

Edited by stretcher66

You may want to look into decal setting solution..after you apply the decal you brush some of this on and It softens the decal and makes it lay better......

Some also claim that vinager will do the same thing..I've never tried it

Anglinarcher was right about the warm water to soak the decals in too..Nathan 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nathan said:

You may want to look into decal setting solution..after you apply the decal you brush some of this on and It softens the decal and makes it lay better......

Some also claim that vinager will do the same thing..I've never tried it

Anglinarcher was right about the warm water to soak the decals in too..Nathan 

Thank you, ill try to order some. Definitely will do the warm water. 

Is it okay to use an inkjet printer?