Lucky777

color recipe

I've tried searching the search engine here and google and all I could find is actual chicken recipes. Which is fine and all but it made me hungry so I am posting here before I eat some friend chicken. Does anyone know the color recipe for chicken on a chain? Do they just use watermelon with a little brown and clear plastic with glow powder? Any info will help. Thanks.

Interesting color.  I just looked up pics, and no 2 are alike!

I'd start with pearl on the belly, watermelon on top, and a chartreuse tail.  The flake is up to you.  Many different variations out there. 

I might also mention it would be best if you posted a pic of what you're trying to match. 

There are many iterations of Chicken on a Chain but matching a Bass Assassin's version would be a good start since i think he invented the color, or at least the catchy name.  Watermelon Red Flake for the back color. The belly is a Natural Glow with Silver 0.015" hex glitter.  And for the tail, if you want, an opaque Chartreuse.

Here is my formulation using LureWorks Colorants for 1 cup plastic each. Other suppliers colorants should approximate to the below numbers.

Back

Watermelon 101----------20-24 drops

Black 0.040" Hex----------1/2 tsp

Fire Red 0.015" Hex---------1/8 tsp

Belly

Natural Glow 128---------1/4 tsp

Silver 0.015" Hex----------1/8 tsp

Tail (optional)

Chartreuse 126---------50-60 drops

Adjust accordingly to your personal taste or to what you have in your inventory. On a side note if you want a chartreuse tail without having to shoot a three color bait you might consider painting the tail. It was discussed here in this previous thread: 

Good luck and show us your results!

Edited by McLuvin175

My top color is basically exactly what mclovn175 said but my bottom is this...

1/8 tsp LW pearl white 127

1/8 tsp LW pearl silver 170

1/4 tsp .15 silver glitter.

The fish seem to like it!

Edit: that's for 6oz plastic.

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7405.JPG

Edited by BHLures