MonteSS

Iwata HP-CS trigger sticking

Monte, I don't use that model, but they are almost all the same.

You must have some paint residue that is in the valve.  There are paint removers for Air Brushes that you can use by soaking the brush overnight.  I suggest that you tear it down as much as possible and soak it for a night, then clean it and soak it again.  After a couple of nights you can clean it again and it probably will be fine.

I had to do that on my Talon once and it works great now.

You can also contact the company and get their suggestions.  I believe Iwata has a professional cleaning/repair service as a matter of last resort.

I recently had a problem with my Badger 200nh pulsating while spraying. I found that there is a nylon bushing that the needle goes through that had enlarged and was causing air to leak around this bushing. Upon removing the bushing I noticed that there was unwanted dried paint just in front of the bushing. I suspect something like this is binding your needle. The fix on my bushing was to seat the old one just a little harder and it compressed back tight around needle. I pushed it out with a drill bit and back in with same drill bit. Good luck.

6 hours ago, MonteSS said:

Sticking again. I used the oil that came with the gun

That's what I'm saying,don't use it. It caused me the same problem, a guy told me so I used the oil he recommended and mine is still going strong with no sticking.

If you have an air filter attached to your airbrush make sure that the o-ring in the filter isn't interfering with the air valve. I had the exact problem with my eclipse hp-cs tonight. As for lubrication I use the same stuff I use at work, the clear iwata oil for spray guns. I've used it for 18 years and never had any problems. 

Is it possible you are using too much oil?    I paint pretty much every day and disassemble and clean my gun every night then it soaks overnight in distilled water and about 1 ounce  airbrush cleaner.

Reason I asked about the oil is because I use oil every time I reassemble my gun.    I can lube every the moving sections with about 1/2 a drop of oil.   I put the oil on my finger and lightly coat the parts.  I don't lube the needle itself.      I would think if I can lube my airbrush with 1/2 a drop, then a full drop of oil in the trigger hole (for lack of a better term) may be too much.

Ron

• Like 1

I had the same problem with 5 guns. Called Iwata and he told me to put just a little oil on it. That didn't work. This is the guy that does the repairs along with another woman.  I ended up sending them to him. My brushes ranged in age from 6 months to 6 years.  They normally charge $25 plus any parts.....He sent back all 5 and didn't charge a penny.  I've only used one of the 5 he cleaned and after an hour it did the same thing. I haven't tried the others as long as the one I'm using works fine.......He also said not to use Createx Restorer at all and not the soak the gun.  He has a demo on You Tube and uses Q-tips and acetone. I was always told never to use anything that can cause fibers to get in there.  I do use the dental picks and they work well.  He seems to be a little......I can't think of a word to describe him...very nice guy. I'm almost afraid to try the other 4 airbrushes he repaired. Kirk is the head honcho over at Iwata. You be the judge.     

• Like 1

OMG!  That guy makes watching paint dry look exciting!

I am lazy, and the only thing I hate more than cleaning my air brush is having to break it down and soak it overnight in air brush restorer, so I came up with a quick, easy, efficient way to do the between colors cleaning so I don't have to do the breakdown more than twice a year.

I have a Glad quart tupperware full of water next to my paint station, with a little wire bracket on the side that lets the brush hang in the water with the nozzle and paint cup underwater, but the trigger mechanism above the water line.

When I finish one color of paint, I put the airbrush into the water and shoot clean water through the brush to clean any leftover paint out of the cup.  Then I let the brush hang in the water while I dry the painted bait with a hair dryer.

Once the bait is dry, I hang it over my workbench, and move back to cleaning the air brush.

I back off the paint stop so it's wide open, and turn up the air pressure.  Next I  hold the brush with the nozzle and cup underwater, and backflush by putting my finger over the nozzle and shooting the cleaning water through the air brush for a count of ten.  Then I loosen the nozzle and back flush for a ten count again,

After that, I remove the needle, wipe it (backwards, of course) several times over a cleaning cloth next to my bench, and then carefully reinsert it until it's snug in the nozzle.  I spray a little water/dish washing liquid into the cup, back flush with that solution, spray it into my water tube, and I'm ready for the next color.this out than it does to do a cleaning.

The whole process takes a minute and a half, tops.  

When I'm done painting for the day, I do a last cleaning and leave a little of the water/soap solution in the cup, and hand the air brush back on it's rack

• Like 1

Sent mine back, iwata eclipse hp-CS. fix or service so opted for the service £40 ish got it back still doing the same very dissapointed. I have a cheap nasty £12 airbrush I got first, have had no trouble at all, let me say I am a beginner, have only been airbrushing since December 2019, so I thought it was something I was doing wrong, both brushes treated exactly the same. I have soaked,  cleaned, lubed not lubed,, no difference. Just my 3Penny's worth. Sinjon

On 4/28/2020 at 11:19 AM, Sinjon said:

Sent mine back, iwata eclipse hp-CS. fix or service so opted for the service £40 ish got it back still doing the same very dissapointed. I have a cheap nasty £12 airbrush I got first, have had no trouble at all, let me say I am a beginner, have only been airbrushing since December 2019, so I thought it was something I was doing wrong, both brushes treated exactly the same. I have soaked,  cleaned, lubed not lubed,, no difference. Just my 3Penny's worth. Sinjon

Do you thin your paint?