jsanders159

Doit tip up best hooks

21XDC has you covered. The Eagle Claw 570 black platinum hooks are really good, I actually prefer them to Mustad anymore. There are differences in the models, the 570BP is the same as the regular 570 only in a black nickel finish, I like using those in smaller hooks from 1/0 on down. There is another one called the L570BP, that is the laser sharp version, it is sharper but double the price of the 570BP which is still inexpensive, I use those in larger sizes from 2/0 on up and the reason is the smaller sizes you don't need the laser sharp point because the wire is light so you get easy penetration without any problem, the larger wire diameter of the bigger sizes I like using the laser sharp models. This is where I get confused, the 3052 is a laser sharp model that is available from sizes 1/0 on up, I don't know the difference between those and the laser sharp 570BP, both seem to be close if not the same. The 2831 is a laser sharp model of the Mustad 32831, it has an extra long shank and is a strong hook for being a light wire, I use those on my underspin heads, they are only available in 3/0 and 4/0 sizes.  Any of the black platinum series will work well for your jigs, I use to swear by the Mustad 32746 but now I use the 570BP as well as the L570BP and L2831, all great hooks at an even better price!!

• Like 1