pete1955

Looking For a Tube Mold

I have an angling ai injection 4" double dipper   tube mold & it is an excellent mold. You have to cut the tails by hand, but i made a  beefed up version of lurecrafts press & attached their deluxe plastic cutter to it to make it easier on my shoulder. As far as the mold goes it is top notch. I have to let it cool every now & then because i get on a roll & get it hot sometimes. lol  I ordered an extra set of rods for it & you can actually roll them out pretty quickly, but i think i'm going to order 3 more sets for a total of 25  so i can put out more in a relatively short time. I have been injecting tubes in  the colors i want the  tails to be & then hand dipping for 2 color tubes too & they come out good as well dipping them to the line the mold leaves. Heres a couple pics. The first one injected & then hand dipped & the second is straight out of the mold & the tails are cut with my press.

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 2

enjoy making and fishing our own tubes,Have bears tube mold,s do-it tube molds if you don;t like cutting tails.Have angling AI tube mold's really enjoy these mold's for making tubes.No problem with lurecraft tail cutter's.For me making tubes have the lurecraft dipping rod's for tubes,have two sets of small and large.We like a Hand dipped tube's!! for our fishing we think they out fish's injected tube's.Just our two cents.Put some had dipped tubes in our yard sell last weekend,The guy who bought was at the door the next morning wanting more.LOL.have been making tubes a long time switched to baitjunkies salt water plastic.Really like it.will be buying more.Baitjunkies has tube mold's they have good review's may have to try baitjunkies.We bought a grub mold from Enforcer mold's 2.5 in the tails are already cut.A solid grub or tube really really like this mold.Bought another mold.Really,really like these molds easy to shoot and the fish tear them up!!like they never seen one before.LOL hope this helps.

I also have the solid tube mold from enforcer & it gets bit easy enough & doesn't cause line twist.  I also have rods I made to hand dip them too. I've never saw a tube mold at baitjunkys & when I asked about one Leonard never said he had one either. If they do I'll buy one from him when ready for another. 

Edited by Les Young

On 5/14/2017 at 9:58 PM, Les Young said:

I have an angling ai injection 4" double dipper   tube mold & it is an excellent mold. You have to cut the tails by hand, but i made a  beefed up version of lurecrafts press & attached their deluxe plastic cutter to it to make it easier on my shoulder. As far as the mold goes it is top notch. I have to let it cool every now & then because i get on a roll & get it hot sometimes. lol  I ordered an extra set of rods for it & you can actually roll them out pretty quickly, but i think i'm going to order 3 more sets for a total of 25  so i can put out more in a relatively short time. I have been injecting tubes in  the colors i want the  tails to be & then hand dipping for 2 color tubes too & they come out good as well dipping them to the line the mold leaves. Heres a couple pics. The first one injected & then hand dipped & the second is straight out of the mold & the tails are cut with my press.

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_0955.JPG

Les would you mind sending me a few pics of the press you built. I have been looking for some other pics and can't find any. I have been thinking about going the same thing. thanks