bigblue2

newlure design

If this is your first, it is always good to pursue because you will learn so much.:yes:

The profile is not especially new so I see nothing there that will cause a problem.  The issue may be that you say turn with a lathe.  That makes the cross section always round.  The top version, with the diving lip, will be harder to get enough ballast low enough in that round shape to make it stable, but, it is doable.  Again, I see nothing new or especially unique about it so go for it and see what you can learn.

The bottom version is just like a 100 other surface and subsurface slap and glide baits already on the market, so properly shaped, and ballasted, I see no issues.

Jump into it and see what you can come up with.  You never know where it will lead you.

• Like 1

Try it.  I do the same thing and try different shapes.  Sometimes good other times bad.  But always a lot of fun

Are you going to do those dots? If you don't already know use the head of a finish nail.