Glideb8

Glidebait problem

Been reading this thread and some excellent info. I dont deal with resins but I do carve blanks. As Ben suggested to me some time ago I try on certain baits to have a balance fall. Rising baits I allow the tail to be a little more buoyant.

The vortex that Dave told me about I tried a 45° (actually a 90°) cut but I dont like a wide joint so I tightened up the joint and the bait swam so well that the following piece bang into the front piece. After that I started openning up the concave cuts. I feared that it would mess the action up. I found to leave somewhat of a skirt in front of a joint, it alllows the vortex to pass and not drop into a open joint, killing the action. I leave my joints at about 120° now and this allows the action to happen.

Dale

Anglinarcher - good post with a useful graph. Those are about the numbers that I got using micro-balloons, except I am sure I did mine by weight. But, it was a long time ago. The lightest density that I achieved was around 0.66 but the mix was so thick that I had to inject using a cake icing syringe. It worked out very well, once you get the hang of the method.

DaleSW - good job.

Dave

Edited by Vodkaman
  • Like 1