Cub48

Plastisol Colors

Ok what i am wanting to know is the make up of the colorant we use for the plastisol. Sometimes i just would like to go pick up some and not have to wait on shipping. I did try some oil base art paint in the tubes as a trial used some plastisol that i don't like as it yellows  so i put some blue in it worked . I don't know if it will last but i will see. Has anyone found if any other paints  that will work and not cause a problem later down the road?? Can u buy just pigment and make your own colors??  I know i have had some spill and when it dried it was not paint it was like powder u could wipe it off!! Cub48

23 hours ago, Cub48 said:

Well that is the reason i was wanting to know what the colorant is made of .  I would hate to get knocked out from some bad fumes. LOL I have never tried the crayons  might try that . Cub48

Crayons are a pain to use, because they take forever to melt, unless you use a crayon sharpener to shred them into the plastisol.  I always got lumps of partially melted crayon in my pours.  That's why I stopped using them.  The colorant made for plastisol is so much better, and easier to use.