bassin2277

Tube jig mold question

Has anyone found a tapered tube jig mold that uses the 60° flat eye hooks that are NOT heavy wire hooks.  I have been looking at getting the Tube TX mold and modifying it to accept the flat eye hooks but I have never expiremented with using the standard wire hooks in a heavy wire mold.  If anyone knows of a mold that is designed for standard 60° flat eye hooks or of any modifications i can do to the TX mold to make it work without getting lead running down the hook i would appreciate your input. 

What weights do you intend to use? I ask that because I use the weedless round head in 1/8oz and 3/16oz and I pour them without a weed guard when I want a tube jig with a flat eye hook. The only issue is that when you hit 1/4oz or more the heads are large and cause the top of the tube to bulge out although the Great Lakes tube guys prefer the tube to look like that to imitate gobies.  I use an Eagle Claw 2798BP in a 2/0 for that head when I use them with tubes, it comes out right at the end of the body on a 3.5" tube.

Thanks for the reply. That is the mold that I am currently using but I haven't tried those hooks yet. Those will definitely be part of my next order. I am looking for something to make 1/4oz and bigger but I've used this mold for so long I don't want to get away from the flat eye hooks that I am used to.  They just work better for me.   Any advice on modifying the TX mold to accept thinner gauge hooks?