drdmh

Badger Patriot 105 issue

I had an issue with my badger a few months back and instead of fixing it, I just bought an Iwata eclipse.  I'd like to get the badger back in service so I can have a friends kid start base coating for me.  The issue is at the trigger.  It seems I either cant depress the ball to let air in, or its completely depressed and is somehow blocking air.  I ordered what I thought was the new part from badger but to no avail.  Anyone that's had similar issues and found a solution, please help me out.  Thanks.

DH Custom Baits

11 hours ago, BobP said:

You're gonna have to disassemble the trigger components to see what the problem is, and work from there.  There are several videos about the 105 on YouTube.

You know I looked around and didn't find much. I'll try again. I thought I had it pretty much torn apart, on a number of occasions. I'm pretty positive the ball valve spring is bad 

I have had my ball valve kinda stick on me to.  My patriot will just blow air or take a few seconds for the air to stop shooting out.  Not sure how to fix.  I took my airbrush apart and dropped some airbrush cleaner in the valve.  Seems to work now, but probably not for long.  Let us know if you find a fix !

I put a drop of oil in the trigger air inlet of my Iwata to lube the trigger components when I do a periodic thorough cleaning.  So far it keeps me from having to disassemble the tiny trigger parts.  So far.  

So I pulled everything apart.  I had bought the new valve so the o-ring wouldn't be the issue.  It has a good spring when depressing it with the finger.  I honestly think its the plunger that just wore out.  I don't believe its making contact with the valve. 

I apologize for the delay in reporting back.  The issue I was having was the trigger.  Didn't think a guy could wear one out but it's working like a champ with a new one.  I still like my iwata better but at least I have a spare now. 

• Like 2