jonister

Cant ID lure

Pretty sure its a norman lure. Isn't it a baby n. I have several that look like it. I will try to remember to take a picture of mine tomorrow. Another thing is the eyes, that's how the Baby ns eyes are painted on,even the same colors. It should be about 2 inches long. The bill on the baby n is like the one in the picture. The middle n has a bill like in the picture Hushey posted. There is one size even smaller than the baby n , and it's the tiny n, it's a small lure more of a crappie size, but has the bill like the bait you are asking about.

It is not a bagleys as they are wood and this is a plastic baits. It is a norman or a norman knock off. They made a bait years ago called a scooter that looked very similar to you picture. The picture I posted earlier in not a middle n. Here's a middle n and I think it has the right bill.

middle n.jpg

Edited by Hughesy
  • Like 1

They really don't look like much, but I have caught alot of fish on them. I have a friend of mine that has boxes full of them. He is the one that got me fishing them. That little tiny n deep runner, will catch a ton of fish too, especially when there's been a major cold front and you need to down size your baits. We usually change out the treble  hooks and go to a size bigger.