Vodkaman

New Vman Design

I have designed and built a new version of Vodkaman.

The new version is a lot sleeker and requires a lot less effort to retrieve. The increase in agility is amazing, with an action that no predator could resist. The cost of manufacture and maintenance has been drastically reduced. Although the aesthetical appearance still leaves a lot to be desired, I feel that the enhanced action is enough to make this new model a lot more attractive.

The secret is in the raised centre of gravity which makes the trailing appendages a lot more active. Although the bulk has been drastically reduced, which in turn, reduces the power of the vortices formed, the reduced mass more than makes up for this, resulting in more than enough wiggle to satisfy this builder.

The development of this new release has been a year in the making, with much suffering and hardship. Although much money was saved in the cost of raw materials, I do feel that the weight saving of 35Kg will prove to be the most significant positive attribute to this lure builder.

Dave

front comparison 3335 crop.jpg

• Like 3

Hey much better design for sure!

In all seriousness congratulations Dave, very impressive results.     The one thing we have complete control of to increase our quality of life and so many of us just piss it away .    Takes some dedication to make the changes to drop that sort of weight.  Definite motivation and something many should think about.  

My kick in the pants was seeing pictures of myself on vacation and then looking at the records I had saved  on my yearly blood work.  Numbers slowly rising along with the weight.   Started cutting things out, walking, etc.. and slowly have been dropping the weight and should be about where I want at the end of the year.

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1

Thanks guys.

The cycling thing is more of a post weight-loss effort rather than a means of achieving the weight-loss. Also, because I live on the side of a volcano, regular cycling at my age, after 20 years of inactivity, would be impossible. I elected to go for an electric power-assist bicycle. It is fantastic. Most days I do around 25Km.

Dave

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vodkaman said:

Thanks guys.

The cycling thing is more of a post weight-loss effort rather than a means of achieving the weight-loss. Also, because I live on the side of a volcano, regular cycling at my age, after 20 years of inactivity, would be impossible. I elected to go for an electric power-assist bicycle. It is fantastic. Most days I do around 25Km.

Dave

I'm with you, at my age (66) the only way I would cycle is in my mind or power-assist.

The up side for you is enjoying the view and getting plenty of fresh air.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gliders said:

Unlikely to have the same bounce off structure in my opinion. 

Absolutely correct. The day my E-bicycle arrived, I took it for a test ride after dark when the traffic had died down. I hit a pothole and was thrown over the bars. Many months later, I am still suffering the injuries of ligament and muscular strains and a ripped off toenail. The body certainly didn't bounce very well at all!

Dave

Ha ! My 55 year old buddy declared he would take up cycling to work but asked if I would accompany him for a practice cycle as he assured me he had never rode a bike, absolutely never believed him till he went ten yards straight into  a new merc sls ! After an hour and numerous crashes I was worn out laughing, on a serious note ,within a week he had crashed off 2 buses ....glider

It was about 20 years since I had cycled. Even though I ride a small motorbike, it is totally different and a bit scary at first. It was a mistake for me to go out in the dark, but the daytime traffic is horrendous. I should have waited until first light at 5am.

I am good now, but I am about 10 months in. I hope your mate stuck with it, Only takes a few more hours before it comes together. After that, it is a case of noting the mistakes that you make, and work on them. For the first few months I shot video, and reviewed the video when I got home.

Dave

He stuck with it dave and had many more crashes ! Then decided to learn to drive and in his own words- passed test after 8 attempts purely by luck,  went with him to get third used car, 5 minutes later it was wrote off , came over brow of hill and blinded by low sun and proceeded to drive straight into a wall and hedgerow !  

• Like 1

On 7/7/2017 at 7:20 AM, gliders said:

He stuck with it dave and had many more crashes ! Then decided to learn to drive and in his own words- passed test after 8 attempts purely by luck,  went with him to get third used car, 5 minutes later it was wrote off , came over brow of hill and blinded by low sun and proceeded to drive straight into a wall and hedgerow !  

Gliders please let us know when he is driving so we can steer clear!