gliders

Acrylic clear

Wondered if any of you guy's ever use an acrylic type clear spray or similar to creat a barrier over paint prior to epoxy clear ? The reason I ask is that one of the pearl paints I mix myself is particularly prone to causing epoxy issues, only happens occasionally and only this particular shade/mix. Im thinking some sort of envirotex friendly acrylic clear might be the simple solution.  Any thoughts or experience? ...thanks,glider

Woody,I've solved the issue ! Yes ,because it's a heavily pearlised paint mix, I make absolutely sure its bone dry (2days air drying) . This never used to be an issue with the particular pattern I use it on, then it dawned on me, it's not the pearl paint thats causing the issue,its the masking material I use to mask the the underlying colour  that is having a slight reaction once removed and epoxy applied. I had made some replacement stencils using a different material I normaly use because I needed it at the time at short notice, it must be leaving a slight residue or contaminant of some sort. Cut some stencils today from  stuff I normaly use ,painted up a quick test lure , bingo , just stopped turner and finish perfect!  also applied a bit of the other mask to a test lure over plain colour very firmly to exaggerate possible residue issue ,removed and epoxied, bad reaction and finish ! moral-if it works ......................., thanks,glider

• Like 1