Sfrye37

Drying station help

Use the following info at your own risk.

Since that is an AC motor you would need to purchase a new low current AC to AC transformer that goes from 120V to 24V. You can get them at  https://www.mcmaster.com/#plug-in-power-supplies/=187575g or here https://www.mcmaster.com/#7708k21/=1875c71

Just remember it will still be alternating current coming out of the transformer so there is still a shock hazard. The rest is up to you, if you want to plug/unplug, use a switch, and so on. Be careful, and don't work on it hot, and wire it so that no one can come into contact with any live parts.

Edited by Josh Buck
safety
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys but I ended up burning that motor up.  I just wired it and plugged it in the wall.  Worked for a minute. I bought a different style motor off eBay since that was 120v 3rpm and built a temporary drying wheel out of some scrap wood.  Works great.  I'm really getting into this carving baits and if I can just figure out how to get the lip slot straight every time and make the bait run right I will be on a roll. 

Hello Sfrey37,

That's exactly the same microwave motor that I use in my lure dryer. I went to a electrical shop and pay them for preparing me an special transformer from 220V to 21V. In your case you may have to buy from 110V to 21V.

The motor is excellent and it has the right rpm.  I have my machine working without any problem for a while, and I can dry up to 12 plugs (5" long each).