whitaker201

hello from the new guy

I have been lurking here for a while but now I have joined the site. I wanted to say that you guys have inspired me to start down this journey of creating custom crankbaits. I make my own spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, jigs, and jig heads right now but I am going to add CB's to the list next. Sadly it will be a few months before I get the space cleaned out in the barn for a little workshop. I will continue to try try to soak up as much knowledge as I can for this craft until my workshop will be ready. I have a lot to learn about the painting side but thanks to you guys here I think I will be able to shorten that learning curve. The last time I painted a bait I kept it pretty simple and used rattle cans. This time I am going to go all in and get a good airbrush setup.

Once again thank you for sharing on this site.

Whitaker201, I think you'll find t.u to be a great site, friendly and a great resource with something for everyone. From beginner to grizzled veterans!  Good luck with the crankbait building (there's still time to go back to wire and metal ) ........glider

I have been lurking around this place for around ten years and still regard myself as a beginner. I agree with the 'bigger barn' notion, one thing that I have learned is that no matter how big a space that you allocate for lure building, it will never be enough.

Welcome to TU. Share and enjoy.

Dave

• Like 2

lol Dave I'll second that. To put up a booth, I have to move somthing upstairs. There's a problem with that......... there is no room up there. This may call for an addition. Addition for a paint booth just doesnt make sense. See what this hobby does to ya>>>>>:blink:!

Confused/Dale

• Like 1

Eastman:

I am from Ohio

Vman and Dale:

I am trying to do this right the first time. I would like a place to paint, a place to work, and another place to pour wire baits.  I will keep yall posted on my progress. Right now it looks like I am probably 2-3 months away from getting a work space ready.

• Like 2

Well my plan is taking longer than expected. So far we have hauled out 3.5 tons of scrap metal! We are getting close to finished with the clean out stage. It is a good size barn with a loft so room should not be an issue. Next up will be remodel the lean-to section and rewire the whole barn. Mercy this is a bigger job than expected!

I have just moved into a new place. I had plans to set-up shop again. I solved the ventilation problem, as my new shop would be out-doors, under the cover of an awning roof.

Unfortunately, I have rediscovered my love of fishing, and do two competitions every day. They will not allow me to use lures, which was rather distressing, but it is still fun beating the locals. On average I win a prize 2 out of 3 days.

Dave

• Like 1