Burke

Transparency

Hey guys i got 2 questions ? 1. I'm still having trouble getting the transparency out of my blue sapphire the more blue I go the darker it seems I want a good bright blue I have phthalo blue and ultra marine blue from lure works. 2. How much uv- go are y'all putting with any of your plastic?

Do you want it transparent or do you want it opaque? 

If you want it to be a bright blue, add a little white with your blue pigments.  This will make it opaque and a bright light blue.

If you want it transparent, the more pigment you add the darker it will be.

If you wanted a dark blue, opaque, then add a little black with your blue.

As for uv-go, I'll really have to let someone else answer that.

I hope I understand your question.  If not, well, maybe someone else can help.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Burke said:

Hey guys i got 2 questions ? 1. I'm still having trouble getting the transparency out of my blue sapphire the more blue I go the darker it seems I want a good bright blue I have phthalo blue and ultra marine blue from lure works. 2. How much uv- go are y'all putting with any of your plastic?

Add blue hilite powder or white pearl to it. This will give the blue color something to reflect the light. 

• Like 1

Ok just trying to help. You said you wanted a blue sapphire like zooms. It is not a solid blue because if it was you would not see the flake in it. You can get a dye from Mf and get a blue like the zoom pictures on there site. Mf blue I am talking about is one of the first ones on his list of colors simply named blue. By the way I believe most of the first ten colors are dyes so be carefull they bleed.  If you want a solid blue then post a picture. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:47 PM, Burke said:

I want to take all the cleaners out of my blue sapphire still trying to make zooms blue sapphire 

I don't understand what taking all the "cleaners" out means.  A cleaner, like soap?  I just don't understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglinarcher said:

This may be a translation issue, so perhaps if the poster can identify their native language we can find another poster that they can PM.

????  Want to help, just don't know how.

Clear not cleaners sorry fat fingers on a phone keyboard

The blue X2 company from Do-It will give you basically the same results that Montess posted and I feel is very very similar to the sapphire blue from Zoom. 

Also, if you're just making baits for yourself remember "not perfect" doesn't mean "won't catch 'em"!! I can't get an exact copy of SK blue craw but what I came up with gets em just as good as the original. 

• Like 1

i have  ultra mrarine from LW and it will get you that color, 15-20 drops per 4oz if my memory serves me right. dont forget the blue glitter. add a drop or 2 of junebug or purple may help as well

electric blue from LC seems to be a more brilliant color blue if you ask me.