Lucky777

Shooting Star valve?

I'm looking into building my home made injection machine, I know these things can be very complex, and I was curious as to if anyone knew what kind of valve is on the Shooting Star injection system. I've searched and searched and I couldn't find anything. Is their valve for the manifold custom made or is it something that I can buy on the market somewhere? I can design the manifold and have it CNC machined but I am stumped right now on the manifold valve. I can't seem to find anything that comes close to it. I know the presto pots (bears baits version) come with a ball valve but I don't think the SSIS comes with that. Thanks for any insight.

Edited by Lucky777

Are you thinking you can build it cheaper one off than they can sell it to you for? If you own a machine likely, if you are paying someone to build parts and they dont work, you got to pay again, and again till they do... Reason there isnt 5 others on the market already, Very hard to DIY for what they are asking IMO.

I'm not trying to offend anyone or rip anyone off. I am just curious as to what kind of valve it was because I like the design. Yes I have my own little design (I am not trying to copy cat) but am trying to make the most efficient design that would work for the least amount of money. No I do not own a machine but I know a few people who run them and would help me out. I am OKAY with hard. I like a good challenge. Thanks for the input BJ!

This is just for personal use. I am not intending to sell it. I love to DIY, hence I'm on here. I was just curious about the valve alone. Thanks.

Baitjunky is correct that u could spend more than u can buy one already ready to go. I also thought about making my own because i was wanting to make a smaller unit. But  i went with the mini shooting star and have been very happy with it. U can buy the valve and block with 1/4" fittings with or without the heater Ultra Molds can give u a price just go to their web page  and contact them.  I am like u i like to build my own stuff but i looked at all the parts i would need to make what i wanted.  And my build maybe would work but my quality might not be up to par. LOL  And i would have almost as much in it  as the one i bought or more!!!Unless u have a buddy with a machine shop that will help u out. I had 4 molds cut the spur  to 5/8 and a injector rod turned down a few thousands on the end cost me 40:00 then had to enlarge when i got it home sent the blending block with it so they could check it.  Later i sent the same molds out to get the spur drilled deeper different shop he drilled it too large and no deeper so i got me a 5/8 drill bit and drilled it myself it works but if i wanted to sell them no one would buy them .  Just a few things to think about Cub48

On 6/20/2017 at 2:51 PM, Lucky777 said:

Thanks for the input Leonard. I'm aware that it could get expensive. Hopefully my design wont fail. Either way, I will post the results for others to see. Thanks again.

Lucky

Hi there Lucky! 

We are looking to SELL OUT 2 FULL SIZE ULTRA MOLDS INJECTION MACHINE! We have all the accessories for it and a custom digital lower unit that Ultra made for us. We also have their duel injector. 

The Ultra mold shooting star is fully 100% custom built by Ultra Molds. We currently have one and it is one heck of a machine! We can pump out over 800-1000 baits in an afternoon once everything is heated up and going. 

We used to use ours when we first started production but our production in only about 2 months exceeded what we could produce with it. That being said we are looking to sell ours for a good price. Im sure far less then it would cost you to try to build one. 

If you or anyone else who reads this post is interested please give us a call at 610.425.1711. We would like to sell it to someone who is truly going to use it and that it would help!

• Like 1