BassBull

Hook size

19 hours ago, JBarlow said:

LOL!!  That picture looks familiar!

20 hours ago, fshng2 said:

426003m.jpg

I snagged this pic from Google which I found to be courtesey of Barlow's Tackle.

Cudos to Barlow's for making choosing hooks easy depending how you search.

Some ways they do this is to show quality pictures of hooks next to a ruler; also by type, manufacturer, size, heavy or light wire and some with approx wire diameters if they get molded.

They also list prices, quantities and if they are in stock.

• Like 1

If your choice in hooks doesn't fit a mold but will fit the bait after made, think about modifing the mold. I have a person who likes 4/0 Eagle Claws. It didnt take much effort to change the mold to accept the hook. I agree with Smalljaws about certain size hooks. Real hard to tell sometime when the baits are finished.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, smalljaw said:

I actually sent an email to Eagle Claw about the sizing on those hooks and never got a reply. My issue is the 1 nd 1/0 are almost identical as is the 2/0 and 3/0 but I do like them, stronger than the Matzuo and no issues with 15% to 30% being bad.

Thanks Smalljaw good to know they are stronger with better quality.

I will have to try some EC 500BP's.

FYI No need to e-mail EC when Barlow's makes choosing hooks easy depending how you search.

Some ways they do this is to show quality pictures of hooks next to a ruler; also by type, manufacturer, size, heavy or light wire and some with approx wire diameters if they get molded.

They also list prices, quantities and if they are in stock.

21 minutes ago, Painter1 said:

I am also interested in different hooks for my ned molds.  What size "Lil Nasty" will fit in the 1/8 & 3/32 slots? 

Thanks

Give Barlow's Tackle a shout.....they are happy to help.

http://www.barlowstackle.com/Eagle-Claw-Jig-HooksbrStyle-500BP-Lil-Nasty--P3244.aspx

Edited by fshng2
  • Like 1