Sudd

Crankbait packaging

I am looking for the little cellophane covers that sit over a crankbait and then you staple it to a card with like with my logo, info, ect. Anyone know what I'm talking about and if so what they are actually called and where to get them? I can't find them anywhere, for one not sure exactly the name of them.

6 hours ago, BobP said:

I think they are called blister packs

Thanks Bob yes thats it but I can't seem to find any like what I'm wanting. 

I guess I'm just going to use the clamshells, do you know if staples or the like can do custom dimension cards that would fit inside a certain size pack?

2 hours ago, Sudd said:

Thanks Bob yes thats it but I can't seem to find any like what I'm wanting. 

I guess I'm just going to use the clamshells, do you know if staples or the like can do custom dimension cards that would fit inside a certain size pack?

For Cards do a search for a printer in your area.

They can customize to fit your needs.

You want them to print on cardstock and have them cut to your finished size requirement. 

Tip:  Give them a sample of your packaging and tell them to cut to fit.

Edited by fshng2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sudd said:

I am looking for the little cellophane covers that sit over a crankbait and then you staple it to a card with like with my logo, info, ect. Anyone know what I'm talking about and if so what they are actually called and where to get them? I can't find them anywhere, for one not sure exactly the name of them.

For The Hobbist

1. Make your own packaging with thermoform plastic sheets.

2. This system can also be used to make molds masks for painting lures.

http://www.widgetworksunlimited.com/Vacuum_Formers_s/35.htm

Edited by fshng2
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, fshng2 said:

For Cards do a search for a printer in your area.

They can customize to fit your needs.

You want them to print on cardstock and have them cut to your finished size requirement. 

Tip:  Give them a sample of your packaging and tell them to cut to fit.

For small quantities of cards you could use cardstock and print them on your own printer. 

3 hours ago, mzee said:

try search for clamshell packaging.  or this

https://www.placon.com/products/stock-plastic-clamshell/blisterbox-p5754-l6-00-w3-13-d2-50/

found tons of listings and sizes

Great find...very impressive offerings.

Check this one out.

Punch in sizes and out comes prices!

http://www.impact-mfg.com/store/index.asp

Edited by fshng2

Are these for retail store display or shipping? Ever think about putting a business card and the crank in a worm bag? Thick enough so the hooks don't poke through and the card they could stick in their wallet.  Or a magnetic card? When I buy a crank, I open it up and toss the clamshell along with your info because it just doesn't fit anywhere....Clam shells are best for display.. Just a thought

17 minutes ago, Richard Prager said:

Are these for retail store display or shipping? Ever think about putting a business card and the crank in a worm bag? Thick enough so the hooks don't poke through and the card they could stick in their wallet.  Or a magnetic card? When I buy a crank, I open it up and toss the clamshell along with your info because it just doesn't fit anywhere....Clam shells are best for display.. Just a thought

My store is online so most of my sales are shipped.

I use the bag and card method.  90% are shipped in either bubble-wrap envelopes or flat rate boxes.  Never have had a hook come through and a pack of 100 bags is cheap along with the cheap business cards from vista print.  I keep coming back to getting boxes to make things look a bit more professional, but a fisherman isn't buying a packaging.