antonio999us

Hello from the other side of the World - Greetings from Peru

Hello TU Forum,
This morning after learning about this Forum, I subscribed right away. A friend from Germany told me about it.

Well, I live in Lima-Peru. Like many of you friends, fishing is my passion, but life is tough and I can escape for fishing as much as I want. Then, I had to create alternatives to satisfy my passion for fishing. Today, I split into three parts my love for fishing: 1) escape for fishing; 2) Do my own homemade lures; and 3) Collecting lures…Let me tell you a little more of each one.

Escape for fishing, I like to go for saltwater and freshwater fishing. First Saltwater, I practice surfcasting most part of the year, from the shore line with the waves up to my waist or chest. Also, in summer time I do some trolling next to my beach house. I like to fish Corvinas, Flounder, Groupers, etc. Second in freshwater, during winter time I like to go to up to the highlands looking for some trouts.

Do my own homemade lures. I like a lot to do this. Probably I am the only one who do what I do in Lima. This complementary activity has turned into one of my favorites hobbies.  I began doing my own flies and suddenly I start doing lures, and since two years ago my own wooden lures. In addition to this, I began to develop my Youtube channel (find me as ANTONIO999US) where I post videos to show my work, my projects, my lures collections, and my fishing activities.

Collecting lures, in my fishing life I bought different brands of hard lures. Bomber, Rapala, Storm, Mirrorlure, Yo-zuri, DUO, Daiwa, Shimano, Megabass, etc. Actually I do not know how many plugs do I have.  Given that always I take care of my lures (I wash and rinse every single lure that I use after coming back from fishing) I still have lures when I began fishing... along the time, I was using different brands, now I stay with Japanese Duo and Daiwa, which are excellent plugs for the kind of fishing that I practice.

I do not have an introduction video in my channel, that something I have to work with, but I would like to share this one, where I show  my first dozen of wooden lures I made.  At this time, I want to tell you that I named all my lures ATTILA, because I always admired Attila the Hun as a warrior of the ancient times of Europe. "These plugs are the Attila Fat Minnow"

Something I would like to say is that each Attila Fat Minnow is one of a kind wooden plug, because I made them with my hands and it is impossible to do two exact ones... Also, I numbered each wooden plug I make. The Attila Fat Minnow is a wooden plug with these characteristics:
 -  4.5" long
-  Weights around 1oz each,
-  Weight shifting system,
-  Two Japanese saltwater treble hooks #01
-  Shocking colours
-  Reflective holograms
-  3d eyes (halves to give a mean look)

Well, I do not want to bored you more, here is a link to my video: “100% Homemade Wooden Lures” I hope you like it.  Please contact me through the Forum or my Channel, in case you have questions, recommendations or something to criticize…

The first dozen of my homemade wooden lures

12052645_999039123501004_103993183899255

Edited by antonio999us
  • Like 2

Welcome to TU. Nice looking lures. As you can tell we love talking about baits and looking at them. However the site has some rules that it goes by. One is posting completed baits as a show thing. Now if you have a question about a issue, its allowed. The gallery is where these pics can be posted.

If you look at the pin thread in hard baits forum home page you will see an article about posting pics in the forum wrote by the monitor named Nathan. Whether I agree or not its a rule that we agree to the rule when we become members.

I'm posting this just to let you know before someone else post this in a different way. Im just helping you out....... you being new to TU.

Never fear summer is on the way to the southern hemisphere because its getting toastie here. Even though Peru is in the upper to central South America. Looking forward to your post and knowledge here at TU.

Anglinarcher its a great place to fish, so is Argentina. Hunting in Argentina is pretty good to. Nice places to go.

Dale

Edited by DaleSW
Adding comment
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DaleSW said:

Anglinarcher its a great place to fish, so is Argentina. Hunting in Argentina is pretty good to. Nice places to go.

Dale

I knew about Argentina, and suspected Peru could be, what I don't know is how to find a "guide" once I get there.  LOL

Wife wants me out of the house for some time and I have discovered I know nothing about fishing out of the US.  OUCH!

Sounds like a Docks subject, but the Docks are always pretty silent.  :unsure:

7 hours ago, DaleSW said:

I asked and looked for a name Anglinarcher but I couldn't find anything. ....

Dale

My wife's idea.  She does not want my name out there and I do believe it has hurt my career.  But, at my age, it does not matter now.

My work was always Engineering for various government entities, from local level up.  Strange life for sure.

On 28/6/2017 at 11:17 PM, Super Ron said:

Ok   Now Attila is funny.   I say that because I have paint schemes that I have named after historically great conquerors.    So I too have an Attila as well Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, Mahmud.  

Welcome.   You can't help but to learn here.

Ron

Hello Ron.... it is incredible...I like a lot to read about great conquerors of human past. I have read a lot about Alexander, Hannibal, Peter the Great, Attilla, Napoleon and others... Recently I was looking for a good book about Mahmud. I'm sure here I will learn lots of things.

On 28/6/2017 at 1:50 PM, Anglinarcher said:

Good to have you on the site.  I always wondered about Saltwater fishing along Peru.  I may PM you in the future.

Hello Anglinarcher ... nice to hear that... In case you plan to come down here for fishing, you may need to plan at least three to four days... A couple of years ago, my boss came from USA (he is a fishing fanatic, and a captures record angler) I introduced him my brother in law and they went some places for fishing around Lima. He did not have enough time to go to the Ica where i go for fishing. Just let me know and maybe we can arrange something ....

On 29/6/2017 at 5:00 AM, DaleSW said:

Welcome to TU. Nice looking lures. As you can tell we love talking about baits and looking at them. However the site has some rules that it goes by. One is posting completed baits as a show thing. Now if you have a question about a issue, its allowed. The gallery is where these pics can be posted.

If you look at the pin thread in hard baits forum home page you will see an article about posting pics in the forum wrote by the monitor named Nathan. Whether I agree or not its a rule that we agree to the rule when we become members.

I'm posting this just to let you know before someone else post this in a different way. Im just helping you out....... you being new to TU.

Never fear summer is on the way to the southern hemisphere because its getting toastie here. Even though Peru is in the upper to central South America. Looking forward to your post and knowledge here at TU.

Dale

Hola Dale,  I appreciate a lot for your message.  I understood Forum rules, another angler gave me the advice before. Thanks and let's keep in touch. 

On 29/6/2017 at 2:51 PM, hoffbossn said:

Great lures, Im sure you will fit right in, thanks for the intro. My ex girly was from lima and oh how i miss her, best dam chef ive ever been with and a few other things ;)

Hello Hoffbossn..thanks for your comment.... It was fun to learn that you miss her because her cooking... I understand you well...hahaha...

• Like 1