mark poulson

making orange

I wanted an orange for a craw bait I was pouring, so I added Lurecraft bright red to Lurecraft yellow.  I was trying to use the colors I had on hand.

The color I got was not the hot orange that wanted.  Instead, it is dull and more creamy orange looking.

Any suggestions of how I can get what I'm looking for, short of buying more colorant.  I do have some Del's chartreuse, if you think that would help.

Probably now way to change it now, but you can always add the Chartreuse in a small batch.  I suspect it will turn it muddy.

Their Bright red is not nearly as red or bright as their Red Red.  It is probably not a good color to mix with the yellow in this case.

I sometimes wish we could get just the primary colors, as close to true primary colors as possible, and then mix our own.

When I first started pouring , I did the same thing. Trying to mix colors to make a color. I called LW and asked if they had a real red as I called it. They sent me Blood red and clear red. Clear red is closest to a real red.  But I gave up on mixing colors, that's why I have 30+ colors lol.

Well Mark you are asking for two colors. One is orange and the other is hot orange(floresent orange). Orange you can make but floresents you can't. They are a different pigment. If you want some hot orange come over and get it. I have a ton of it. You can have all my lurecraft stuff too. Just don't ever use it. That will make it worth the drive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Well Mark you are asking for two colors. One is orange and the other is hot orange(floresent orange). Orange you can make but floresents you can't. They are a different pigment. If you want some hot orange come over and get it. I have a ton of it. You can have all my lurecraft stuff too. Just don't ever use it. That will make it worth the drive. 

Frank,

That is a really generous offer.

I'll pm you.