Musky Glenn

Home made collar expander

I didn't want to hijack the other topic on collar expanders so here is a couple of photo's of a home made version. It was built from scrap parts but its only purpose is to pull the skirt apart enough to insert skirt tabe into the collar. The height of the two middle pins is approx. 1/8 inch. When open they are approx. 5/8 inch apart. Slide the collar onto the two pins and flip the lever on the right end and it opens so you can insert what ever tabs you need. slide the tabs in from the pointed end and the collar won't slide off the ends until you are ready. Works great but could be built less complicated. Use your own immagination. Good luck. This is not a commercially available model.

closed.jpg

IMG_2017open0704_175258191.jpg

Apdriver, I'm not sure what you call those handles, but you see them used on a lot of accessories for wood working where they use them on "hold downs".  I have just never seen a catalogue that list them but am sure they are out there. As well as the hollow bolts that the rod slides through. Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Musky Glenn said:

Apdriver, I'm not sure what you call those handles, but you see them used on a lot of accessories for wood working where they use them on "hold downs".  I have just never seen a catalogue that list them but am sure they are out there. As well as the hollow bolts that the rod slides through. Good luck.

Must Glenn and Apdriver, the manual clamps and handles are made by Destaco.

Hope this helps.

http://www.destaco.com/catalog-home.html

Edited by fshng2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Musky Glenn said:

Thanks Glenn. I knew I had seen those before but couldn't put my finger on it. Nice job on the home made part, by the way.

I gave a presentation on making spinner baits to the local Musky Club and one of the members made that for me, works great. Wish I could take credit for it but I just own it. If I were to make one for myself I would eliminate the handle and just have a simple hook to hold it when I got it pulled back where I wanted it. This one sure does work nice. I didn't have the heart to tell the guy I seldom use collars because they just don't last long enough. I hand tie about all of mine.

• Like 1