robalo01

Scrounger

I looked into this about a year ago, and my two biggest cost  factors were a custom made mold and buying the correct soft plastic that goes around the jig head.  I watched some videos on You Tube to learn more about how they are made, but I didn't think that they were made well. With that said, it was not worth it for me to pursue making these. The cost of a custom mold would be pretty expensive.

That would be a fun project, and I think I could do it.  Now, would it be worth the expense, NO WAY.

Cadman is right, the cost of the custom mold(s) would be expensive. 

The soft plastic could be done with a silicone mold just fine, and Alumilite Flex 30 or Flex 40 would probably do the skirt just fine.  Demold time of up to 4 hours would be a killer delay.

The jig portion could be done with silicone mold putty, and it would work for several pours, actually lots, but I sure would not call it worthy of production level.

Some things are just not worth the effort as long as you can buy them.  LOL

• Like 1

I can make the mold out of RTV, and I think I can get a resin that will produce something similar to the plastic collar. I just thought that before I went through the trouble, I would see if there is already something out there.

psilvers posted this back on April 17 2016 "Here is a jig that I came up with that has a different action than the Scrounger. I can make them in sizes from 1/8 oz to 2 oz.  This jig is all hair and flash. What do you guys think?

Pete"   There is a video also but very blurry.

The video wations not purposely made blurry - those were just the conditions in Kansas at the time.

We are exploring getting a provisional patent on the design, because it does have a unique action, and it DOES work! I have caught hybrid stripers, largemouth, smallmouth,, crappie on them. I think we will concentrate on sizes between 1/4 and 1 1/2 ozs.  My partner will be trying some in Alabama.

Pete