DeathRoe

Jacobs or shooting star

Both systems will do the job and both are built with quality .I have not used the Jacobs machine but have bought some of their molds which are number one in quality. I do have a Mini Shooting Star it is built very good and does everything  i need to do i shoot 5 stinger molds at a time in two color i put a pint in each pot . It will heat the plastisol but i heat mine to the 350f in the microwave  then pour it in  the pots. Price was the factor that made me chose the Mini SS. But being able to mix a smaller amount was something that i looked at also. Unless i am missing it ten molds a day is not a a lot of plastisol  unless they are production molds. Then u would need the pressure pots to fill them. So with ten molds the Mini SS should do the ten and if u wanted to do more it should be able to hold enough to handle that also . They also have the regular Shooting Star which is larger and holds more plastisol. My 2 cents worth. Cub48 

• Like 1

Just received the Mini system 7/5/17 ordered 6/5/17.  Both Chris and Rupert have been a treat to work with.  A number of people whos knowledge of this subject I respect recommended this machine.

I have about 30 molds I want to do two sometimes 3 colors with and once done may not need it for a month or more!

I have no personal knowledge of the Jacobs machine but do like his molds, both jigs and plastic. 

Seems they are more for the commercial application where there are a great deal of product in one mold and need the pressure of a machine to move the plastic.

The volume doesn't bother me. My molds are 6oz and make 22 units or 11 packages. I just like the human error for injecting being taken out of the air system works that well. I then can have friends and family help with little experience in a pinch. So question is does the air system really work well?

Yes the air system works well and is real consistent. There's still room for error but if you pay attention it can be avoided.  I don't have any of the shooting star stuff or have never used it. I use a Twinjector in presto pots or Pyrex cups. I have one of the first Jacobs injection presses and it is still in good working order. Not without  a little maintenance but it's minimal.  With the air pressure at about 15lbs it is like a steady stream of plastic.  It does not flow fast just consistent. That would be the only machine I would let someone without much experience use and not worry to much.  

• Like 1

I can’t speak for the Jacobs machine but I do have some of their molds and injectors. Seemed good except the molds had different sized ports. Bought a mini shooting star and these were the only molds that I could not shoot with it due to the sprue port size being smaller. Messaged Jacobs asking about the size of the ports so I could get sprue extenders made just for it and he asked why I needed to to know so I told him. His response was good luck with my overpriced hand injector (shooting star). Never have I dealt with anyone so rude, petty, or horrible to do business with and I will never again buy anything from there. If you cannot handle your customers purchasing from other places as well then you shouldn’t be in business. It’s no surprise he has no social media accounts to leave reviews on