teamlobudget

What type of balsa?

Been searching on the site but can't really find an answer. I have been using the hobby town type of balsa 3/8" board and seem to work good but was just wondering what do you use and where to get it? I know there is some websites to buy from but not sure on which density. Just making flat Crankbaits.  I did order some pre cut ones from Janns and they seemed to be a little harder than the super soft hobby kind. Does anyone know which grade the Janna baits are?  

You have the right idea about looking at the grades hard. The more greener the wood is the less I want it. I myself haven't used much balsa because if I can't see it, pick up and feel the grain I don't want it. I'm not against buying on line but it's been proven to me not to be worth the aggravation. It's been stated that balsa is 1000 times better then any other wood for baits. Ive got plugs made out of balsa and other woods, same design. I know I'm getting old but my eyes are doing well and there is not much or any difference in the action. Find a stand up vender from these guys to buy from, thats my advice. Then grades second, the vender will help you with that.

Dale