gliders

Attachments full

Hey guy's, not the most computer literate!  Tried to post in hardbaits with some pictures to illustrate,  says have reached limit of attachments. I see I can look at all my previous attachments but can't see how to delete, thus allowing me to post attachments again ? Seen old post by vman describing procedure but suspect it's maybe changed since then, thanks.....glider

I feel your pain. I had a lot of problems with image capacity a few years ago. I paid a subscription which granted my a larger capacity. But, when I stopped the subscription I lost many hundreds of images, this is why all the pics are missing from my old posts.

Modern digital cameras will give you file sizes in the megabyte range, but websites have to pay for the storage of these huge files, and so TU can only afford to give you a limited space. You have to use editing software that is capable of trimming and compressing your image from a multi-megabyte image down to 100Kb or even less. This compression sounds enormous, and yet the image quality is more than good enough for web display.

Personally I use Photoshop, but there are many other software solutions that I am sure others will chime in with suggestions.

But, your BIG problem is that you have filled your capacity. You need to talk to TU management about this issue, to find out what can be done. It may mean deleting some of your images, but talk to the moderators first.

For me; the best solution to your problem is to open an account on a photo hosting site such as Photobucket, then post a link to the Photobucket image. This way, there are no capacity issues, other than the Photobucket limitations which are pretty BIG.

Dave

• Like 1

Thanks dave, I did send message but no reply yet, I would delete my attachments if I knew how. I was going to share my lure turner lure holding method using neodymium magnets cause I thought someone might also find it useful, a few pics explain easily something that sounds more complicated when using only words ........glider

@gliders I apologize for the lack of a reply on my end. My PC crashed (dead hard drive) a few days ago, so I'm limited to my phone and my Chromebook right now.

On top of that, I have had to spend time at the hospital with my brother-in-law, who had a liver transplant recently.

I will take a look at this to see if I can sort it out for you, but please give me a few days to do so.

Thanks for your patience.

• Like 1