CNC Molds N Stuff

Decent Gloves

Nothing can protect you against every stupid thing you will do in your life, but these gloves saved me from a very bad burn a few days ago.  I opened a plastic injector I thought was frozen off while making some buzzfrogs, and a liitle still molten plastic poured out in the palm of my hand.  It got hot pretty darn quick, but after a moment or two I peeled off the glove to reveal my hand had not even turned red.

FB_IMG_1499899630589.jpg

FB_IMG_1499899639631.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Walking Dead said:

Looks like the same glove, but these came from MSC.  Shows the MSC logo right on the label in the first picture.  I get a lot of misc small stuff from them because they tend to have the best price for 5 gallon buckets of way oil, cutting coolant additives, and other fluids I use a lot of.  No, sorry.  They don't sell beer.  LOL.  Besides these gloves, my welding gloves, shop aprons, face shields, and lots of other stuff.  I wait for a big discount code and I have enough stuff I could use to meet the purchase level.  By doing it that way I often get huge discounts and free shipping on top of the decent price.  They bought out Enco early last year (or maybe it was late '15) and they have everything Enco had as well.  I've got a few pieces of equipment from Enco.  My big arbor press, my big sheet metal brake, and some of my coolant pumps came from them. 

Wow!  I was kind of surprised after this post.  I took pictures of the packaging on both sides that showed the exact information if somebody wanted to get some.  Heck, even my PO shows on the one label.  LOL. 

Anyway, I've been using these gloves for several months and they are great.  I use them all the time when testing lead molds.  I often don't put handles on them until I know they work the way I want so I sometimes find myself handling hot molds trying to get them open.  These gloves make that a lot less painful.  I don't always wear gloves like I should when pouring plastic, but I sure am glad I was the other day.  I actually stopped and showed my friend Captain Tony from Finchasers (who was helping me make baits at the time) what I had done before I set everything down and peeled the glove off.  The plastic just peeled off the glove when it cooled down a little.  The plastic was only on the coated part.  None got on the knit part or I am sure I would have been peeling that glove off a lot faster. 

While I still have to take the gloves off to pinch baits off runners and place small parts in lead molds I do find myself wearing them more and more often.  If I cut baits off, and pick and place parts with wire forming pliers I don't have to take the gloves off at all.  Since none of my injectors are knurled I do find myself having to grip pretty hard to get the nozzles out.  My own fault there.  Knurling aluminum is dead easy and I've got more than enough lathe to do it.  Maybe I'll do that this afternoon. 

Their listed price is usually much higher, but the price I actually paid was lower the last couple times I checked.  I do buy from Zoro from time to time.  They tend to have the best prices on 4mm (5/32) tube fittings which a I use a fair amount of for some of my non-tackle related projects.  My biggest issue with Zoro was that for a long time their search engine was horrible.  I actually used google to search their site for stuff with better more specific results.  Zoro is on my double check list when I am pricing something.  They had better prices on Tap Magic last time I checked them.  I just love Tap Magic all metals on the drill press.  It easily adds 10K holes to the life of a spiral point tap for aluminum tapping.  A freind of mine brought me my first can of the stuff when he asked me to turn some hardened tubing rollers for him so he could roll some some odd size square tube. 

I may get some kind of preferred pricing from MSC.  The price when I am logged in is definitely lower than when I am not.  When they have discount codes they apply it to my logged in price. 

It often pays to shop on stuff.  Sometimes even Essentra, McMaster-Carr, or even Carr-Lane will have the best price on something.  I miss Reid Supply.  They were quite often very competitive, but since Essentra bought them now not as often. 

I to get that your price when logged in, But zoro beats them for me 90% of the time, and zoro coupons are good for stated price not "Up to" I just hate shopping at MSC, They will run my paypal card for a hold, then again when it ships, Big pita. I even get same day delivery from them like Mcmaster,  "Both are a 30 minute drive" But I prefer zoro 9 times out of 10 over MSC.

I use Mcmaster a lot, Almost daily, But same day delivery for 5.00 is hard to beat, they are 90% off the time higher priced than most.

I don't get same day from anybody unless I am willing to drive 180 miles one way, but I do usually get next day from both MSC and McMaster,  Zoro is always 2-3 days.  They all have their good and bad.   With MSC I do always try to wait for free shipping and 25% off.  I don't recall there being a limit or cap, but I usually only buy small stuff I need anyway to take advantage of the current best discount code.   I gotta say McMaster's price can be tough to swallow sometimes, but they sure do have stuff.

Edited by CNC Molds N Stuff

18 hours ago, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

I posted pictures of the packaging that shows all of that.  

?????

Sure does, but it is blurry on my screen and I just thought that it would be good to make it easy for the members.

I can see from the back and forth on this thread that this is not something that the average small user is going to be able to deal with, and because I have some generic gloves that are adequate, I will let this one go.

Still, thanks for helping the members with potential safety items.

9 minutes ago, Anglinarcher said:

Sure does, but it is blurry on my screen and I just thought that it would be good to make it easy for the members.

I can see from the back and forth on this thread that this is not something that the average small user is going to be able to deal with, and because I have some generic gloves that are adequate, I will let this one go.

Still, thanks for helping the members with potential safety items.

Amazon, 7.00 its just that easy for the small guy to buy them. :)

Just now, Baitjunkys said:

Amazon, 7.00 its just that easy for the small guy to buy them. :)

To buy which ones?  LOL 

4 hours ago, CNC Molds N Stuff said:

Looks like the same glove, but these came from MSC.  Shows the MSC logo right on the label in the first picture.

Looks Like, get mine from MSC or is it McMaster, or Zoro?

The gloves must have a maker and part number, don't they?

I already have some "Looks like" from Harbor Freight, much less then $7.00.  I was just trying to ....................

Oh never mind.  No good deed goes unpunished.  I will stick with my Harbor Freight ones for now, but if I order from MSC or McMaster or Zoro, or ..............................

Still, thanks guys, safety awareness is important. 

Have the glasses, monitor not that old, but eyes are.  Old age can be a problem.  LOL

How about just giving us a maker and model numberIf it is that clear to you, you could have done it by now and this thread could/would have died a natural death a long time ago.  ROFLOL

Mapa Temp Dex 710 are gloves certified EN407, so heat resistant, but the most important information is the number X3XXXX that means heat resistant with a contact for 15 sec to 350 °C (662 °F) max. For instance mine gloves are Goodyear EN407 certified X2XXXX that means that they (me) can resist to 250 °C (482 °F) max for 15 sec. FYI the symbol of the flame inside a shield is not enough, must be written EN407.

Bye

Cami

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cami said:

Mapa Temp Dex 710 are gloves certified EN407, so heat resistant, but the most important information is the number X3XXXX that means heat resistant with a contact for 15 sec to 350 °C (662 °F) max. For instance mine gloves are Goodyear EN407 certified X2XXXX that means that they (me) can resist to 250 °C (482 °F) max for 15 sec. FYI the symbol of the flame inside a shield is not enough, must be written EN407.

Bye

Cami

Now we are getting somewhere.  Thanks for the awesome information.

4 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

The same "looks like", might be, could be, maybe?

Glad you added the last part, seems like you figured out how to read and post relevant information.  If posting relevant information is "holding my hand", then yes, please do.  ROFLOL

Never figured you for the personality you displayed today.  Hope this was just a bad day and not a pretense of the future.

Thanks Cami,

and yes, thanks even to you Baitjunkys

https://www.zoro.com/mcr-safety-coated-gloves-palm-and-fingers-2xl-pr-n96790xxl/i/G5179133/

Yall may want to try these gloves out too, they are very flexible and breathable so they are comfortable to wear. I'm a mechanic, I really hate using gloves but ive found that these are a lot better, some gloves I feel like I might as well be working with socks over my hands. They work good for me when making baits too. Yall should check them out. Only 4.00 on zoro, amazon sells them too