Andyco

White bass recipe

I fish for them but I have never did one for a plug. I wasn't going to post because of that but I thought of something that I do when painting something new. Find a pic of one, then think from the lowest layer to the top. Look at the shades and think of what colors or layer (ie foil) that would follow the next. Someone may come along but if not try this and think it through and write it down as you go.

Dale

Mayonnaise, dill, cut up sweet pickles, and a tad of white vinegar. Mix it all up and lather it on. Add some lemon slices to it for extra flavor. Lol JK. Haha. I don't keep bass, or paint white ones. Maybe someone else will chime in. 

• Like 1

I really don't get too caught up in matching things exactly and find overall color representation more important.  White bass/shad/alewife etc... means white to silver color palette.  Specific paint colors...  I use mainly Createx bud don't pay too much attention to the name .   More important is just being able to  understand how to lay colors to get the look you are wanting.  White bass really have a lot of color variation.  You have some that have a lot of green/yellow hue, some very pale, some darker gray, iridescent green over steely gray with deep green stripes, etc...  

For something like juvenilles I typically spray the body white, Then I will take some light gray and mist the upper back from front to back.   Then some metallic gray or silver and hit the back and blend.   I will then add a little  yellow/green near the heat and lighten up going towards the back.  A little gold over spray (very light) near the front.   Then with some black highlight the eye socket and to get the stripes.

You can go black first then spray a metallic and then build on that also .  No really right or wrong way just fire up the brush and remember you can always start over.  As mentioned find a picture and just work or replicating what you see.  

• Like 2

Travis hit on why I was reluctant to suggest a recipe,

4 hours ago, Travis said:

White bass really have a lot of color variation

In my waters, white bass live in very "dirty" water.  As a result, you could use just two colors, black and white.  The color/clarity of the water makes a lot of difference.

Good luck on your paint job, it really cannot turn out bad.