Les Young

How's this?

Thanks guys. Had to add 2 drops lurecraft white & 4 drops lurecraft yellow to 15 drops lureworks cherryseed 120 to match it. As you can tell they definitley need a little trimming as i'm needing something else to handpour from & a whole lot less shaking going on when doing it too. lol

On 7/15/2017 at 7:36 AM, MonteSS said:

Right on but ugly color LOL

Montess you're  definitley right about it being an ugly color, but the smallmouth hammer them behind a  black/red or olive orange hair jig here when they won't touch anything else. Even  the same hair jigs without a trailer. I don't know what it is about them, but they will about rip the  rod out of your hand with them. Lol

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

Les how deep do you typically fish them?

Colors change the deeper you go because more wavelengths are absorbed by the water.

Red becomes orange then yellow then green and so on.

I remember diving around 60 ft and cutting my hand on coral. I was freaked out when seeing my blood was green.  Back on the boat I felt relieved that my blood was a bright red color.  Had no idea at the time that depth changes color.

color_graph.jpg

Other factors that affect light in the water, which changes the color that fish see.

Times that are cloudy vs sunny,  calm vs choppy . Calm water reflects light while choppy absorbs light into the water.

The time of day affects the angle of the sun;  dirty vs jin clear water all affect the amount of light that gets into the water.

Les, so whatever your fish sees may not be as Butt Ugly as what we see.

This might explain why the same bait works better on different days.

• Like 1

fshng2 finally came out, he IS A GREEN BLOODED  ALIEN.  ROFLOL :o

Seriously though, fshng2 is correct in as far as depth, angle of light penetration, clarity of water, etc., all impact what light penetrates to each depth.

The red itself actually does not change color, it simply disappears.  At least if the color "red" is a pure color, a primary color.  Because most red pigments do not actually contain only "red", then the colors that remain are what is seen.  An example is the green leaves we see in the summer that turn orange in the fall.  The orange was always there, but the green covered it.  Once the leaf stopped producing the green in the fall, the sun bleaches out the green and the orange, always there but covered up, now shows through.

White is an equal mix of all primary colors, red, yellow, blue/indigo.  Orange and Green and all other colors are secondary colors, or mixes of the other colors.

White is an awesome color because it appears to change color as you go deeper.  Once the red is gone, you still have all of the other pigments.  Once the yellow is gone, you still have the blue/indigo ranges.

Ugggg, this is a subject that could, and does, have books written about it.

In summary, the red does not change colors, it is absorbed and lost.  What you then see is whatever colors are formed by the remaining light waves still reflecting from the available pigments.

Wow, time to go fishing now.  :blink:

• Like 1