Fish N Chips

Do It/Caney Creek 4" Carrot?

Any one use the 4" or 3" carrot mold?  I was thinking about getting one for a smaller stick bait, finesse drop shot and ned rig bait, but cant find a lot of unbiased reviews on the baits and am undecided if it would be a good addition to my collection.  I have a 5" senko mold, but the profile on the smaller carrot looks a lot like a bait fish for nose hooked drop shot.  I would mainly use it for bass and rock fish.  How is the action compared with the senko style baits?  I am also looking at just cutting down my 5" senkos , or maybe getting a more traditional 4" senko/stick bait mold.  I am just not sure if the carrot bait is that much better/different from what I have to make it worth the mold cost.

Thanks!

Thanks walleyeking!  I think I may order the 3.5 or 4" to try.  I went out and cast a few 5" stickbaits tonight in regular plastic, no salt or HD compound in them and cut them in half for ned baits.  They have a very slow sink rate now and I think will work well enough to try out to see how I like the regular plastic for the technique.  It won't float like the ZMan baits, but I would rather make them myself.  I have slowed down in my bait production and just make enough to replenish what I use.  It is nice to have a variety of molds to restock after a few days of fishing and still have the joy of using my own colors and baits.

• Like 2

I have the 4" carrot and it's a great bait on the Ned Rig and really effective for smallmouth on the drop shot. Super easy to shoot.

It was one of our top Walleye baits this year in Canada on the Do-it Walleye jig. I also use it on Worm Nose (1/2 moon) in sand and weeds.

http://store.do-itmolds.com/Walleye-JigbrSz-116-332-18-14-38-12-58brHk-570-or-575brCollar-Ring-amp-Barb_p_1053.html

Unfortunately, the hammer handle Northern Pike also liked it and we got bit off a lot!

The 4" works really well on floating jig heads...kind of Carolina rig style.

Overall...it's one of my favorite baits.

• Like 1