TerryF2858

Whopper Plopper KO

If the ko is faithful to the original, the gap is very narrow and you shouldn't have a problem avoiding locking up the tail with clearcoat that is brushed on.  To  guarantee it doesn't, wrap a rubber band into the gap and it will seal off the joint while painting and clearcoating.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, TerryF2858 said:

its flexible, and i got mine a couple days ago, they look to be very good seams are nice, and well built

Glad to hear it. 

I would sure hate the lure to be like the Bass Pro Shops KO with the chopper front and back, "double down plopper".  The blades break and the reviews on the lure are terrible 1 out of 5.

A bad bait like that could kill a reputation pretty quick.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/bass-pro-shops-xps-double-down-plopper

Be aware that the tail may come off, I was masking off the tail and it came right off ,I looked at the others and 1 of them was loose about to slide off, I'm sure a little super glue will fix it but just want to warn everybody

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mr.t said:

Be aware that the tail may come off, I was masking off the tail and it came right off ,I looked at the others and 1 of them was loose about to slide off, I'm sure a little super glue will fix it but just want to warn everybody

Aren't they loose on purpose, so you can remove them and paint/finish them separately?

Your right mark that's the reason , I purchased mine on presale didnt  see that noted then but I just checked and it's on there in the description , glad I didn't paint a bunch and sale them, I'd really feel like an idiot

Edited by Mr.t

I ordered the 130s and the 90s.  The 90s have a smaller profile than the river2sea versions.  I really like the quality of the 130s though.  Only thing is mine came with all Left eyes instead of a right and a left.  Not a big deal but kinda disappointing after waiting so long for them.  As far removing the tail, mine are all glued on already.  I tried to remove them first thing when I got them, but they are on there pretty good.  I managed to paint and clear coat them with d2t with no problems though.  They run just as well, if not better than the originals.