Cub48

Salt Do's and don't

Hi guys 

I just bought a new stick bait mold and i have not used much plastic with salt. So last night i tried it out i got the 6" wished i got the 5" !! oh well maybe the bigger fish will like it better. LOL Ok back to the salt how much to a cup of plastic ? Do u put scent on your worms with salt or just plain worm oil? Do u clean your molds after u use  salt ? if u do what process do u use. I shoot more crappie baits than Bass so i don't use salt in them. Anything i have left out please fill me in.  Just don't want my molds to corrode from the salt. Cub48  

8 hours ago, SRJ said:

From another forum.

By a person that makes and sells soft plastic baits.

"About the only thing I add salt to is senko's and that's at the ratio of 2 TBS per 4 ozs of medium ESS."

I manufacture and sell baits for a living, salt goes in EVERYTHING. The amount depends on the type of bait, Dropshot gets a certain amount, Swimbaits different, Craws different, Tubes a lot and stick baits a TON. I don't care who you are or your opinion of it, sales data over the last 8 years shows me that salt sells. 

• Like 1

Like Willie Nelson said after he bought a golf course. 

It's mine and par is whatever I say it is.

We can make the baits anyway we want. 

DaveMc1 I just ordered 4 packages of your tube (hardly think there is a 'ton of salt' 2,000 lbs.?)

When I get to the bass lake this fall I will compare the performance with my non-salt, but richly scented tubes and see what happens.

A 'throw down' if you will!

Edited by SRJ
clarity

7 hours ago, SRJ said:

Like Willie Nelson said after he bought a golf course. 

It's mine and par is whatever I say it is.

We can make the baits anyway we want. 

DaveMc1 I just ordered 4 packages of your tube (hardly think there is a 'ton of salt' 2,000 lbs.?)

When I get to the bass lake this fall I will compare the performance with my non-salt, but richly scented tubes and see what happens.

A 'throw down' if you will!

Never said theres a ton in my tubes ;) there is a lot though LMAO, and twice as much exactly in the stick baits. 

2 hours ago, Painter1 said:

I don't think the issue is about how well the fish like a salted vs unsalted bait.  Fish don't have credit cards or cash.  A great many people want it in the bait and believe it is essential.  

^^^^^^ this. Salt sells, period.