Rustyfawcett

Painting jig heads

Have a question for the group I have painted hundreds of jig heads and have never used black up until today and what I'm coming across is that I'd say 10 or maybe 15 jig heads came out to almost a matte finish any reason why I am using fluid beds but I'm thinking I don't have enough air cuz it's not moving around like any of my other paints could that be the reason why that this is happening. When I put my jig head over the burner I'm waiting until it gets a gloss finish like I normally do with any of my other colors but I'm unsure why this is happening Thanks for the help. 

Hello Rusty......I have found that I have to heat my heads for use with black powder paint more than with other colors. If not I get  very light coat of black and the lead shows thru like a shadow of sorts making the black color look not quite right. ????? I'm sure others have better ideas for you. Good luck. ..... STEVE

8 hours ago, Rustyfawcett said:

No i found the problem. It's matte paint. Grabbed the wrong paint  stupid me.

I was going to say wrong paint or if you bake some paints too long, they will turn flat with no gloss. Glad you solved your problem.

31 minutes ago, cadman said:

I was going to say wrong paint or if you bake some paints too long, they will turn flat with no gloss. Glad you solved your problem.

Cadman I pulled them out of the oven and they was all matte. They actually looks pretty sweet in the matte black. May have to play around with it now. Thanks. 

• Like 1