Mr B

Do-It Brush Jig as Flip/Punch jig

Is anyone using the Do-It, Weedless Brush Jig, in the 5/8 - 1 oz sizes as a Flip or Punch Jig?  There are very few 1 oz sized weedless jig molds on the market and I was wondering how well this bait can "punch" or penetrate thick weed cover.  

Is anyone using it this way and what are your thoughts?

Thanks

I don't have a lot of water where punching is used very much but I do flip some heavy brush from time to time. The closest I come to punching is pitching to holes in heavy grass and for me the Snootie in a 5/8oz is the ultimate grass jig. I use the brush jig around brush, lay downs and stump flats and it works well for that but if you want something for heavy grass the 5/8oz Snootie is your jig. That is the biggest size they make it in and it penetrates better than a bullet head jig, I also use it when I'm fishing a little deeper and I need the jig to go through limbs to get to the bottom,  I think it will get through cover better than the brush head but it depends on how heavy the cover is because 5/8oz might not get through if you have to punch.

Thanks SJ.  I have contemplated the Snootie many times however, here in Nor Cal we fish areas where the weeds won't even let a 3/4 through.  Sometimes we are tossing the 1+oz weight up in the air to penetrate.   I have some molds that will let me pitch pockets and sparse weeds.  Am looking for something specifically 1 and 1+ oz sized heads for grass.   Thanks for your reply.