joelhains

Skinny swimbait mold?

Anybody make a skinny swimbait mold?  I already shoot bass tackles 631, 639 and 643 swimbait molds. Looking for options that are similar just with a thinner body. The ones I have make fantastic shad imitations but I'd like to add a swimbait that mimics an emerald shiner but still has the ringed body and a 90 degree paddle tail.  Anything like this available out there?

I don't recall seeing a ringed thin bodied bait with 90 ° tail but really haven't looked at aluminium molds closely for some time.  Lurecraft may be your best bet if you can make out their small and poor photos of their silicone molds.    

The Ukranian or Israel guys on ebay had something similar to the Keitech Swing Impact  at one time.

May just have to have it made to your specs.

Edited by Travis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, joelhains said:

I'd like a few sizes from 2.5 to 5 inches

I think these are the guys from the Ukraine:  baitmold.com

Here's their 3.8" bait:  http://baitmold.com/plastic-bait-mold/soft-plastic-bait/v25-3-8-inch-95-mm/

They have a lot of sizes of ribbed (Keitech-like) molds on their site.

I have one of their ribbed swimbait molds, and it injects great.  It took a few weeks to get to me here in NoCal, so you have to be patient, but it did come eventually.

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 1

I just checked eBay and there is an "exact copy" of the swing impact. If it wasn't an exact copy I'd likely go for it. But I don't want an exact copy.  I also saw some spin casting molds of the same bait with 24, 42 and 66 cavities depending on the size. Prices seem very reasonable for that many cavities. Might be worth dipping my toes into spin casting.  Anybody here have any experience with spin casting?

30 minutes ago, joelhains said:

I just checked eBay and there is an "exact copy" of the swing impact. If it wasn't an exact copy I'd likely go for it. But I don't want an exact copy.  I also saw some spin casting molds of the same bait with 24, 42 and 66 cavities depending on the size. Prices seem very reasonable for that many cavities. Might be worth dipping my toes into spin casting.  Anybody here have any experience with spin casting?

The way I look at it, There isn't a single major manufacturer I've seen using this production method. That there should tell you something.