CaptainSeabass

First Ever Muskie On Homemade Crankbait

I made a topic before about making my own crankbait for bass. Well I recently went onto a trip to Minnesota. I got the opportunity to target muskie (from shore unfortunately) for the first time. On the first evening I managed to catch a beautiful Muskie on the crankbait that I had made in a previous video. The trip was made then and there! I'm still very excited about the capture.

Here is the video that detail the muskie capture and beneath the video about making the crankbait in question.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Don-Art said:

Glenn,

I think that I have heard it both ways . But I am with you that 10,000 casts is a more accurate description.  

Don

I'm guessing you both don't fish good musky waters...we get them bass fishing all the time.....but to get back to the video   great work on the bait  ..I have never fished a bait with that much wobble  ..but with all that flash I can see it working very well for pike and muskie  ..the wounded pray look to it works....

I don't typically Target Muskie.  The ones that I have caught , were either by chance,  or during a fishing league Northern Pike / Muskie night.  I have several Muskie lakes within a half hour of my house.  I can tell you that stocking efforts and catch and release has improved the catch ratio in recent years. I just returned from a weeks stay at a resort northern Minnesota .  The owners of the resort each boated Muskies this past week.  My focus was on fishing for Walleye and Panfish.  

Don

• Like 1

I am President of the Western North Carolina Muskie Club out of Asheville, NC. I have been a member for over thirty years and have seen a lot of improvement during that time. I have caught at least one musky for 22 years in a row. I believe they are the hardest fish in fresh water to catch. I am 71 years old now and don't put out as much effort as I used to.  I find trolling taking more and more of my time.  They are just a special fish and every one should have a true passion for some fish species.

• Like 2