iceman

Paint Question Again

An update on the lure paint I have been looking for maybe some one can help. The paint I am looking for is the same paint that you would find on a road or highway sign you know the reflective part of the sing that is pearl or silver to look at it does not reflect but when you shine a light on it it's really reflective. Does any ideas anyone?

Hi Iceman

3M used to make a reflective paint called Codit, but I can't find a listing for it any more. The stuff they use on roads is done by first laying down a colored paint and then putting very fine glass beads in the wet paint. You may be able to get some from your local highway department (just be prepared for some strange looks when you explain what you want to use it for; lol). There are a few places where you can buy the glass beads online.

The material used on highway signs is a vinyl sheeting made by 3M called Scotchlite. It is quite thick, and doesn't conform to odd shapes very well. It would be o.k. for a flat sided lure I guess; although it would leave a very noticeable edge.

I use Scotchlite for signs quite often, but never thought of using it on a lure. Now I'm going to have to try it on the musky glider that I made today... :wink:

If I can be of any help, pm me.

Count Draculure