Kkuntzy

Spinner bait heads

Brand new to the lure making game and have spent way to much money trying to build a favorite night-time Spinner bait that I can no longer buy.  I finally have gotten really close to one that I think is almost as good but getting the colors I want is pretty much impossible.  Looking for someone that can point me in the right direction to have a 1/2 ounce guppy head heavy wire built in specific colors.  Any help would be greatly appreciated  I am buying the current heads from LPO.

Thanks 

Kevin

Welcome to TU.  Based on your thread, you are looking for an exact match to what you have, however you found something close.  Depending on how old something is, color may have faded. Sometimes exact may not be possible in color, as it may not be made anymore. Close enough might be good enough, I don't think the fish are that picky.  With all that said, post some pics of what you are looking for and tell us what you want, and the TU forum might be able to help you get closer to your goal.

Thanks for the reply cadman I was not very specific in my post I found the hardware to build the baits but not the colors i wanted. Your are correct I am likely more concerned than the fish are.  :-).    

Anyway here are are the ones I have built but wanted to find a few different head colors that are better suited for night fishing.  

IMG_0544.JPG

The best color for night fishing is black/purple combination. Most of the guys here pour our own heads and there are a bunch of different styles but what you have there will work but like I said, if you want a good night time color, black/purple and if you can find a black nickel blade it would be even better.

Thanks guys for all the recommendations.  I will attempt to paint a few of my own heads and see how it turns out.  If that doesn't work then I will see who might be interested in painting a few from the forum.  Again thanks to all who have replied.  

On 8/14/2017 at 4:32 AM, Jig Man said:

If you are fishing in a bright moon, don't discount an all white spinner bait with white blades.  I've caught a bunch on Bull Shoals using it at night in the moon.

Try mixing Glonation green/white glo powder into some clear nail polish, and then coating your white blades, as well as the heads on your spinnerbaits.  The more powder you add, the stronger the glow.