smalljaw

Product Review-Flex coat crystals

I have to give a review on this because I'm really happy with the results. I got the 4 color 5ml tube set from Barlow's just to see if it would work with Devcon 2 Ton epoxy and it does, really well I might add.  I have fine glitter I mix with paint to make custom glitter colors and I have extra fine glitter to mix with epoxy but none of it has given me the look this has.  You can't even see it and then when you move the lure a bit you get this bright shine, almost a glow.  It gives the same effect to a lead or metal lure that laser glitter gives to a soft plastic, really nice for adding flash yet still being subtle.  Just like the extra fine glitter, a little goes a long way , I mix a little in with the epoxy and then coat and what I like the most is when the epoxy cures there are no rough spots.  I tried this 4 times now before writing a review because I wanted to try it a few times in different concentrations to see how it looks and reacts and it has all been great so far. The extra fine glitter I mixed with epoxy in the past would require a second thin coat of plain epoxy over the glitter coat because if you used a medium concentration of glitter it would create a rough feeling but like I said, not so with this. I know I'm probably late to the show with this as I've had this on my list of things to try for quite some time now but I felt like I should put this out there in case someone else hasn't tried it and is looking to add some kind of sparkle or flash to their lures with great results in an easy way.

• Like 1