Cub48

Plastisol UV protector( Baitjunky)

Is this really an issue?  I have never experienced any issues with soft plastics and sun.

I do keep them in "plano" storage or original packaging and the may sit in the sun for a little time while fishing  but no problems with sun.   I have plastics that are probably 20 plus years old and don't think there are any color variances from when I bought them but those are stored in side.  Some went to crap because of other chemical reactions but most no visible change in color, shape, or physical change in texture or durability.

There was not anything add to plastisol other than colorant maybe stablizer . Where i first came up with the problem was i bagged like 20 in a bag and made a cork board stapled like 30 bags to it a friend goes to flee markets so he carried them and would display them on a table in the sun after spring crappie season he gave them back the blue/ice had turned green . The Monkey/Milk and Green/ Silver were ok. I was just wanting to make sure my product was the best it could be. I have not had any problems with the ones i keep in the boat or inside . Thanks for all the input Cub48

"Plastisol is not UV stable and will turn color over time with exposure to UV, this should be true regardless of manufacturer.   You can get into pigments that are not UV stable as well but thats a whole other ball of wax. Best remedy....keep em out of extended exposure to the sun."

Thats the reply in the other thread from McLuvin, he works for Spike It (ColorTech, very large supplier to the production industry), the info he passes on to us is quite accurate

• Like 1