BigBaitB

Lead pouring beginner

I'm having trouble getting the cavities to fill more then halfway. I'm setting the mold on top of the pot while the lead melts for pre heat and pouring as slow as I can.

Also I'm stirring and skimming the stale looking stuff ofc the top as I go along.

I'm using a hot pot 2 and lead atigomony bismuth alloy or something like that from lurecraft

Any help is apreciated

There are a lot of guys with more experience then me, but ...... in the days I poured a lot.....

The first pour was almost always incomplete, but the second pour would fill, the third for sure.

I found that pouring slow was just the opposite of what you want to do

You might want to confirm what alloy you are using.  I don't think lead and bismuth are ever combined.

Edited by Anglinarcher

26 minutes ago, Slammingjack said:

Try pouring blanks ( no hooks) at least 5 times all cavity's. Ten is better. This heats the mold up good. Pour the jig as fast as possible. A big stream works way better. Lead cools real quick.   

It's a swimbait insert. No hook. But I'm going to try a bigger stream sometime tmrw hopefully. Also thinking about grinding out a wider groove in the pour lip of the ladle