Chance_Taker4

Stick Bait Action

Yes add softener I would start at a tablespoon per 4 oz . I use salt and get a pretty good shimmy on a wacky rig

4 oz soft plastic

heaping tablespoon of salt

tablespoon of glass beads

tablespoon of bj softner

I get a really soft bait that has a really good shimmy. I would put mine up against the real one any day. I actually prefer mine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wallyc14 said:

Yes add softener I would start at a tablespoon per 4 oz . I use salt and get a pretty good shimmy on a wacky rig

4 oz soft plastic

heaping tablespoon of salt

tablespoon of glass beads

tablespoon of bj softner

I get a really soft bait that has a really good shimmy. I would put mine up against the real one any day. I actually prefer mine

Do you use 80 grit glass beads?

29 minutes ago, wallyc14 said:

Yes . It scores the walls of my injector but it's a throw away injector anyway so no biggie to me.

I use open pour 2 piece molds so I don't have to worry about ruining my injector. My next question is will the beads "sink" to the tail of the baits when cooling or do they weigh close to what salt does.

I inject so I really can't answer that one however it doesn't settle out in mine. I shoot my mold at about 315-325 depending . The yami knock off    I shoot around 315 with no denting of settling issues . The 4 inch bass tackle I have  I can shoot at 325-335 with no issues .

youll have to experiment to find your sweet spot. I would think as cool as you can get away with and still have a good bait

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, wallyc14 said:

I inject so I really can't answer that one however it doesn't settle out in mine. I shoot my mold at about 315-325 depending . The yami knock off    I shoot around 315 with no denting of settling issues . The 4 inch bass tackle I have  I can shoot at 325-335 with no issues .

youll have to experiment to find your sweet spot. I would think as cool as you can get away with and still have a good bait

Thanks for the good info. Is there a reason why u shoot as low temp as u can get away with? Just wondering why? I tried using glass beads in my bass tackle injector a while back and it ruined my injector, Wont shoot right now. I have a old do it cheaper injector I may try the bead media with.