drdmh

High Capacity Air Brush

I'm looking at 1500 blanks that need to be base coated before this winter season quickly arrives.  I've been toying with the idea of using a bigger air brush, even a gravity fed gun used for automotive jobs.  Do any of you use a large capacity airbrush for base coating?

I have but the over spray is wasteful like Raven stated. I also have thought about using it for clear coat. Still the over spray was pretty bad. The mini HVLP guns come with very large needles. Mine has a 1.2 I believe, it's a Mac. You may be able to go a wee bit smaller, but you will still have about a 8-12" diameter spray. If you get closer you are going to drown your blanks even with controls turned down. IMO, go with a siphon feed brush with a .50 needle. You can do a lot of them with the mini's, but waste eats up your profit.

You better get moving, 1500 blanks is a lot!

Good luck

Edited by DaleSW

Of 1500 lures to prime how many do you really need to start with.  I hope that you thought this out because 1500 lures takes up a lot of room and smell. You might only need to do a hundred at a time, then you are talking about a different spray method, so figure what you need to start with and take it from there.

Wayne

19 hours ago, ravenlures said:

Of 1500 lures to prime how many do you really need to start with.  I hope that you thought this out because 1500 lures takes up a lot of room and smell. You might only need to do a hundred at a time, then you are talking about a different spray method, so figure what you need to start with and take it from there.

Wayne

You're spot on wayne, I don't need all of them done right away but I do have enough hangers to handle that many.  It's nice not to have to restart the basecoat process once a batch gets done. 

I think that some dip in a white lacquer and let it drip, and set for a few days. But remember that lacquer smells so take  care and think ahead.

I'm sure you are talking about plastic bass lures not wooden, each has there own problems so start with a few to see how it goes. Good Luck

Wayne

I made a tree for about 40, but its only about 3' tall. I made it from 1 1/4" dowel for the trunk and 1/4" dowel for the branches whish is off set around the trunk. SS wire for the hangers drilled into the end of the 1/4" dowels. Couple of these trees you can have enough for about an 100 or more at 5-6'. Takes up hardly no room and can moved around as needed. I'm making another with drip pans made of light wight plywood 1/4" thick for each layer of baits. All was made from scrap wood.

Points is, you can do things like this and not break the bank. Thats the whole point, is to do things with out cutting into profits. Keep your overhead down which keeps you prices down, which makes more customers.

Just my :twocents:

• Like 1