jbrandon47

Best Airbrushing Equipment for Mass Production

I have been painting baits for a while now on a small scale using a Pasche Talon (gravity fed) with water based createx paints. I want to start painting lots of baits the same color patterns to sell them. I've noticed some videos online of people doing this and oftentimes the paint container is attached the the bottom of the airbrush. What is the best setup for this? I can definitely see the advantage of not having to constantly put drops of paint in the hopper.

Any recommendations on equipment for somone wanting to go from a hobbyist to start painting large scale? 

Siphon fed is what your seeking most brands sell them it all depends upon your preference just remember they take more time switching colors and cleaning so the rule here would be to have several, one for primer and then a few for the colors you plan on using also remember that they require more PSI to operate which can be a bugger when trying to do detail work so don't ditch your Talon.

• Like 2

There is more to painting large lots of lures. First you must have room second how are you going to hold on to the lure during painting, and how many can you put on a line for drip off  and how many can you put on a lure turner. They all come into play so when you put all that into consideration then you will know how many you can paint at a time, then you can see if you have enough space for ventilation which you will need when painting many lures at a time. Then it comes to your question what type of airbrush. I suggest that you take the time and figure out what you can really handle at a time then look at what you really need for painting. Painting many lures at a time which saves time and paint with less cleaning plus your lures will look better and be more consistent in quality, but you need room I found that out now I can only do 10 to 14 at a time starting with some in primer then base coat then on and on till finish.  And don't forget KISS!! one problem I found with doing many at a time it gets boring.

GOOD LUCK  

Wayne

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, jbrandon47 said:

Thank you for the quick reply! When you say several, do you mean several containers? Or several siphon fed guns? Do the guns feed from the pain bottle itself or is there another container I would dump the paint into?

Yes several A/B's and yes you can shoot right from the bottle there are special caps for that or you can shoot from a bottle of your choosing they come in different sizes